Here are 10 of the more recent articles and blog posts that I have read concerning mobile learning. Links to the other 3 lists can be found at the bottom of this blog post.
1) 5 Steps to Harnessing the Power of Cell Phones in Education Today: This blog post provides 5 ways that teachers can begin using cell phones in their classrooms to help their students learn.
2) 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile Apps for Learning: An article by Educase discussing the value of mobile apps in teaching and learning.
3) Kids More Likely to Own a Cell Phone Than a Book, Study Finds: A ReadWriteWeb article discussing a study on today’s ownership trends.
4) Full Interview: Marie Bjerede on cell phones in the classroom: A podcast episode from CBC’s “Spark”
5) 50 Fun iPhone Apps to Get Kids Reading and Learning: This blog post provides links to iPhone apps that can be utilized for student learning.
6) Augmented Reality Explained by Common Craft: A look at a technology that is sure to shape the future of learning.
7) Cellphonometry: Can Kids Really Learn Math From Smartphones?: An article discussing Project K-Nect where teachers used smartphones to help in the teaching of mathematics
8) Bonus Poscast: Jesse at TEDx: Jesse Brown from TVO’s Search Engine talks about digital comics in the classroom.
9) 12 Interesting Ways to Use an iPod Touch in the Classroom: A google docs page providing various tips on utilizing an iPod Touch for Learning.
10) Why Mobile Innovation is Blowing Away PC’s: A Techcrunch article comparing innovation trends between mobile devices and PC and a discussion about why mobile will surpass PC’s.
Links to the other 3 reading lists: