Here are 10 of the more recent articles and blog posts that I have read concerning mobile learning. Links to the other 4 lists can be found at the bottom of this blog post.
1) 10 Reasons to Ban Pens and Pencils in the Class – A blog post that turns the criticisms applied to mobile devices on their heads by applying them to the ageless tools of the traditional classroom – Pens and Pencils
2) How Young is Too Young? Mobile Technologies and Young Children – An article on the use of mobile technologies by very young children. You may also want to read my blog post titled “iPods in Education Part 13: Uses in Kindergarten” dated December 2009
3) Important Terms in Mobile Learning – Every new idea comes with it’s set of terms and subset of ideas. This list provides definitions to many important terms used in relation to mobile learning. A good list for those new to the concept of mobile learning
4) 7 Things You Should Know About iPad Apps for Learning – Mobile learning is about using mobile devices to enhance learning experiences for learners. This article by Educase discusses 7 ideas around the newest device, the iPad tablet.
5) 32 Interesting Ways to Use Mobile Phones in the Classroom – A Google Docs presentation with 32 (and growing) ideas on implementing the use of mobile devices for teaching and learning
6) Mobile Learning Basics – An article from Mobl21; a good guide for beginners
7) Implementation Steps in Mobile Learning – Another article from Mobl21; this guide helps educators move from theory to reality when it comes to using mobile devices to help students learn
8) Cellphone Data Usage – An Infographic
9) How the World is Using Cellphone – Another Infographic
10) Mobile Learning Tag on Delicious – Follow the mobilelearning tag in delicious to see what people are finding and bookmarking on the Internet about mobile learning. A rich source for me in keeping up-to-date on mobile learning trends